Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Coming Soon to a Clinic Near You…

I guess Keith and I are famous. And all it took was 8 years of college, three years of residency and a move to the middle of Nebraska to finally get the attention we deserve. We just arrived in our new home town today, and while I was out running errands people kept beaming at me and saying “Oh, you’re the new doctor!”. I think this gigantic ad they’ve been running for the past three weeks may have something to do with it.


Does this mean I have to stop wearing baseball caps, flip-flops and yesterday’s jean shorts to run errands? I certainly hope not. I also hope people don’t wonder why I’m married to a guy that looks about 19.

4 comments:

Kat G said...

You can still look schlumpy until they put up the billboard ...

but people may make you talk to their young children and say stuff like, "Don't you want to be a doctor, too, little Rose? See how smart Dr. Jones is?" And then you'll be embarrassed because little Rose will never be a doctor judging from the finger up her nose.

Fun for you!

Anonymous said...

This is extremely amusing!

shirley said...

Wow! Both you you look about 19! Yes, being the new doctor or the new teacher in town does lend itself to such comments! I remember it well though we did not have newspaper coverage then! Best of luck! Shirley

Jenn said...

i'm not sure if that's 15 minutes of fame or something about the size of the pond. at any rate, good for you! a little public acknowledgement of your achievements! and, since keith's pic is in the paper too, they'll be scared of the 19 year old doctor & you'll get all the patients!