Friday, September 14, 2007

Anthropologizing

No, that's not a term for expressing remorse for something relating to ancient cultures. It's what's I'm doing to our house because of my addiction to/affliction with shopping at Anthropologie. I have a love hate relationship with this store. I love everything in it and I hate how overinflated the prices are. But I'm one up on them, because I have almost never payed full price for one of their items, so I am only paying slightly more than what each item is worth. Ha!

You may have already seen this on Keith's blog, but here's our latest addtion.

Then there's these.



(The last ones are gifts from a fellow Anthro addict.)

If I don't get to working soon, our house will so be chalked full of sunbursts, lava swirls and other colorful, contemporary mish-mashes, it'll make your head spin.

5 comments:

jgautrea said...

I couldn't resist the penguin loofah pot scrubbers. I sent them as gifts to several people.

And I still am waiting for the cockatiel drawer pulls to seem like a reasonable price to pay for a knob.

Thank goodness there is a sale table at our nearby store.

I love that we have matching bed linen pieces! It's awesome!

Anthropoligication of the home. Even the juice glasses are amazingly cute. Makes me want to drink juice!

jgautrea said...

Obviously it is me, Kat, not Jeffrey. He absolutely could resist the penguin loofah pot scrubbers and when I showed them to him with my face beaming, he just kind of rolled his eyes and said something along the lines of, "yeah, they're cute."

Jonesy said...

Ha. I love it when you blog under Jeff's name, because for just a fraction of a second I think, "wow, Jeff's gone kinda girly on us", until I realize that it's you.

shirley said...

I keep forgetting my password! SG

shirley said...

Now, that I have remembered. I love the things that you purchased, and I also laughed because I knew Jeffrey did not write the comments! I hope the dogs are fine. I can't wait to see the house after you have decorated so much. Love and prayers, Shirley