Sunday, June 3, 2007

How Real Life Differs From HGTV

But first, here are some pics from Elliott's graduation from the Air Force Acadamy.



We had a good time with the Gautreaux clan.







The Thunderbirds were impressive.






Congratulations Elliott!










Now onto our segment on home makeovers. Keith and I went to B.B. (that's how I'll be referring to it henceforth) this weekend. We wanted to get a jump start on moving in. The puppies loved the gigantic yard, and I loved all the trees and bushes which are just Northwesty enough to make me feel at home.

Our major undertaking this weekend was to paint the master bedroom. Finally, my chance to put all those hours of HGTV viewing into action! We did have a couple of issues with the taping process (takes a long time, paint pealed off with the tape), but overall things went well. We love the color of our new room, and it compliments our new duvet perfectly. (btw, we learned that it is actually easier to just skip the whole taping process since the paint would just wipe off the wood trim anyway, or apparently a simple denatured alcohol solution will remove paint from wood without damaging the finish if the paint is stubborn).





Not nearly as glamorous as HGTV either.

1 comment:

jgautrea said...

I like the blue color you guys used for that room. That is the extent of my design knowledge. I think Kat would say it is cute.
I think the caption of that photo looking down on Lloyd following his graduation should be: "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal."