Monday, June 11, 2007

For one of the first times in my life, I am actually ahead of the game.

Keith and I are roughly two weeks away from our big move from out of this tiny town and on to a similar tiny town. Those of you who know my propensity to procrastinate won't believe this, but we're already mostly packed.





Living like this is the downside of being prepared.

This photo actually illustrates another weakness of mine, which is my lack of patience. I'm trying to be good, but I couldn't resist the planters on sale at Crate and Barrel (I blame Kat for this, because I would never have stumbled upon C&B's outlet site without her blog). I also have a huge area rug and a hand painted drum table on the way (what sense does it make to move furniture in only to move it back out in order to place a rug under it?). Nevertheless, I am cutting myself off from internet shopping. Instead I'm focusing my time on virtually moving in:




Most of the stuff in this sketch, we don't even own yet, but it's going to look fantastic!



In more exciting news of preparation, we have booked are trips to Seattle and New Zealand!!! We'll be in Seattle July 3rd through July 25th. I think the trip to New Zealand may be the coolest vacation ever. I hope Keith agrees.

This is how we will be getting around. We're planning lots of mountain biking and hiking, so I hope the showers in these things are somewhat effective. We'll be hanging out with the kiwi-heads for almost five weeks before we have to start work on October 1st.

The puppies will be in good hands with Keith's dad. He can't say we didn't warn him!

No comments: