Thursday, May 31, 2007

Nobody seems to know where Broken Bow is.

I'm not just talking about friends in Colorado or my family in Seattle. I mean like even folks from Nebraska don't know where it is. This worries me, because if people don't know where I live, they will surely never visit me. Even if people do figure out where I am, what are the chances they will fly to NE then drive 3 hours and 45 minutes from the airport to get to Broken Bow? I've got to figure out something appealing about the place that may draw people there (besides that I live there, that clearly won't be enough). I could direct people here, but my family may be scared away by the song, not to mention the horses and cowboy hats. I also doubt the Christian motorcycle rally on June 1st will really tempt them. I guess I could buy lots of cool stuff for our house so people will visit. A plasma television, a hot tub? I still doubt it will be enough. Visitors were scarce even when I lived in Greeley (which most of my family considered rural btw).

Even if you never visit me, at least let me tell you where Broken Bow is. It is smack in the middle of nowhe-- I mean Nebraska. It's actually not too far from being the center of the U.S. Keith will try to tell you it is in Western, NE, but I have proof that he's wrong:



For those of you who've asked, this
is where we will be working. As well as this hospital.

We'll be moving in June 25th. Keep us in mind next time you make vaca plans!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, there, little lady! Not only is this family member not scared of the BB song, I know all the lyrics. I'm not sure what that means... something about country girl at heart.

I think the real draw here is HORSES! How fun(ny) would it be to put city slickers on horseback for a weekend? C'mon, it'd be great. Oh, wait, that's a movie... But, I'd go for sure. And, heck, most of us westerners drive 3.5 hours to work everyday, so what's one trip on vacation?

-JJ

Jonesy said...

I like your attitude.